If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Practical Jokes, and Pink Suits

My school is odd. Today was April Fools (One of the cruelest holidays ever in my opinion) and so of course everyone was trying to prank each other. Luckily I have formed a strong alliance with my Graphic Design teacher, so I had him on my side for my mischievous plans. The first thing we did was place a pull to detonate fire cracker in an envelope, and wrote baby pictures on the front. He then delivered it to the English teacher down the hall. Once he opened the envelope the explosive detonated as planned and scared the heavens out of the poor English teacher.
It didn't stop there, I went around to all of the computer carts and unscrewed the hinges on the door, so that when somebody walked by and opened the door to retrieve their laptop, the door fell off and they were the one to blame. We did many other ones, some school appropriate, and some not. That is just why I love Mr. Johnson! He doesn't care if he get's fired.
He reminds me of Jim from the American adaptation of the hit BBC show The Office. He always comes up with the coolest things to do around the class. That reminds me of this one time when we spent about an hour making guns out of office supplies. By the end of the day we had an Armory of pencil slingshots, tape catapults, and rubber band pistols. You could say that very little actual work get's done.
My school is also very competitive when it comes to sports. I figured that out today when a Freshman walks in the doors in a bright pink track suit. Upon me asking why, he tells me that he missed soccer practice the prior night. So the coaches punishment? A track suit that Elton John would love to have his hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment